Sunday, April 12, 2009

Grande es tu Fidelidad

There is something about singing to God in another language that is amazing. I have been thinking about this for a while but couldn't completely understand how I was feeling. We have been to a Spanish and English speaking church as well as a Spanish speaking church during our time here. We have spent most of our time in the Spanish speaking church.

Most Sunday's I can follow along with most of the songs and comprehend some of what I am singing. During the preaching I can usually follow along for the first five minutes and then my brain is so overloaded that my attention goes somewhere else. I was anxious to be a part of the Easter service and worship in another culture on such an important day in the life of Christians. Luckily for me, there was only singing this Sunday, so I understood a lot more of what was happening!

Great is Thy Faithfulness is one of my all time favorite worship songs. I will never forget hearing Luke (my brother-in-law for those of you who don't know him) sing it at Dave's and my wedding. It was an amazing worship experience. If you didn't hear it, you truly missed out. This morning I had the privilege of singing this song and worshipping our great God in Spanish. As I was singing "Grande es tu Fidelidad" I realized why it was so amazing to be able to worship God in another language. There are so many times in prayer or in song that I feel I just don't have the words. That what I am saying just doesn't portray how I really feel. Worshipping God in Spanish gives me more words to worship Him. I can worship Him with new words. It was such a great worship experience and I am so thankful that God has given me new words to worship Him with!

No comments:

Post a Comment